Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 616 times)

Offline jojoreyezzz86

• View Profile
« on: January 25, 2019, 09:54:38 pm »
hello everyone this is my brothers profile. I am managing this account while he is incarcerated. He will be getting out soon and has been practicing Buddhism for a little over 2 years. I am looking for help during his incarceration and after so my brother can continue to practice Buddhism and yoga. I am looking for help and volunteers to correspond with my brother. So if there are any help out there in the Los Angeles and Bakersfield area. Please feel free to email jojoreyezzz86@gmail.com or just message me here. My brother is 32 and is about to get out soon. Thank you for your time.

Offline Anemephistus

• View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 06:04:13 pm »
Welcome. There are many resources that a person who has been incarcerated in the united states should evaluate. They are just as important to consider for people seeking to help those who are releasing.  The most important thing for a person in this position is a support structure and a valid plan which includes work, housing and stability.

Depending on the nature of the events which lead to the situation there are many types of support which a person may need. It is not likely that returning to old habits will result in different outcomes and there are always many forces that pull at a person just freed which can result in a return to incarceration.

For my part, regardless of the circumstances I wish you both the best and I am on the forum here, spiritual support is always good and I have found many good opinions and considerations about serious queries in this place. Guidance and a real community which practices Buddhism in your area would almost certainly be of great benefit to this situation as well.

-With love

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal