Author Topic: Chat?  (Read 11682 times)

Offline Ngawang Drolma

• View Profile
Chat?
« on: December 23, 2010, 11:17:12 am »
It's 10:15 PST and I'm going into the chat room if anyone wants to join in!   :namaste:

Offline J. McKenna

• X X o o X X 137 45' 32" 67 33' 41"
    • View Profile
Re: Chat?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 06:32:01 pm »
1731 PST on Thursday (23-Dec) and no one is found in chat ........ maybe that place is dying .......... :lipsseald:
...i found there was no "i" anywhere.....

Offline Caz

• My I strive for the perfection of enlightenment.
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 04:21:05 am »
Oh not its not !  :D
http://emodernbuddhism.com/

This eBook Modern Buddhism – The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, in three volumes, is being distributed freely at the request of the author Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The author says: "Through reading and practicing the instructions given in this book, people can solve their daily problems and maintain a happy mind all the time." So that these benefits can pervade the whole world, Geshe Kelsang wishes to give this eBook freely to everyone.

We would like to request you to please respect this precious Dharma book, which functions to free living beings from suffering permanently. If you continually read and practice the advice in this book, eventually your problems caused by anger, attachment and ignorance will cease.

Please enjoy this special gift from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who dedicates: "May everyone who reads this book experience deep peace of mind, and accomplish the real meaning of human life."

Offline J. McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:10:35 am »
Double negative conjunctions or muscle spasms???? Not its not?   :wink1:

Offline J. McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 03:27:50 pm »
error occurs

typeerror undefined is not a function

evaluating thistargetcreate className

no chat is now enabled

Offline Wonky Badger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 12:00:05 am »
I couldn't see any errors. Maybe it was temporary. Let me know if you see it again.
My actions are my only true belongings.
I cannot escape the consequences of my actions.
My actions are the ground on which I stand.
---
What would Buddha do?

Offline bloominRose

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 05:07:07 pm »
ive popped into the chat several times, but no one else is ever there, or ever shows up. i would love to synchronize my watch with a few folk and get some chatting in!  i wouldnt even mind middle of the night(for me) chat. im in arizona usa, and im often up around 3 am my time, with a touch of insomnia, so maybe ill start popping in and parking there for 15 or 20 minutes to see if anyone shows. look for me if youre interested!
 :grouphug:

Offline Monkey Mind

• View Profile
    • My Buddhism Biography
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 07:11:40 pm »
I personally fell out of the habit of visiting the chat room, my visits to FreeSangha are more of the "hit and run" variety because I don't have a lot of idle time. But because you ask, BiR, I will make more of an effort...

Offline wooboy77

• soto zen beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 12:38:09 pm »
I would really like to find someone to talk to on the chat, I'm GMT +1 though and usually there on evenings.... until now found an empty room...
I find the few buddhist IRC chats really not my liking and prefer to avoid it, I would really like to chat to those who are interested.
 :namaste:

Offline orategama

• a part-time buddha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 01:23:35 pm »

Offline Dharmakara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 02:19:06 pm »
Hi orategama and welcome to FreeSangha.

If you're serious about chatbots, you would be better off working from existing projects and building on their codes --- the service over at CHATBOT4U is pretty pedestrian in nature, more meant as a novelty, ect.

The following site is an excellent resource:

https://www.chatbots.org/

Offline orategama

• a part-time buddha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 01:55:22 am »
Thanks for the advice, Dharmakara. Really the platform on chatbot4u has some problems. :)

Offline Dharmakara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 06:54:46 am »
As I mentioned in the Shout Box, all that's really needed is a stable algorithm that can process sentence structure using "wild cards" --- just keep in mind that would also require a major investment of your personal time (years), otherwise all you'll have is complex clone of the program you're currently using or something like SITEPALS.

After you've developed a stable algorithm, you could even add a text-to-voice application.

Offline MissGrape

• Mother of Dragons
  • Don't Worry ... Be Happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 07:50:55 am »
The buddha bot did not work for me ....  :sweat: LoL
:buddha: ~ Watcher on the Wall ~ :buddha2:

Offline GenericUser

• View Profile
Something a little bird told me
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 08:45:16 pm »
Hi!

I would just like to share a story with anyone willing to listen. I'll start by saying I'm a voice hearer (a nice way of saying schizophrenic) I have found meditation to be an excellent way of dealing with the stress of hearing voices. But what I would like to share is something I heard while meditating. I should also mention a monk had said a prayer for me the day before.

I and the voice spoke at the same time. I felt a warm feeling in my chest. And the voice explained a simple philosophy which has become something I hold deeply.

Love them, They are suffering.

Forgive them, They are shaped by suffering.

Understand suffering and understand the rise of all emotion through desire.

If you love them, respect them.

If you love them, you should help them.

Unconditional and unattached love is the absence of suffering.

I guess I'm asking for anyone's thoughts on this? or if anyone has experienced something similar? It was and is a profound moment in my life. Something that said the universe cares or atlest something greater is out there praying for us.

Thank you and wish you well.

Matt.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal