Author Topic: Seventh Buddhist Council in 2014. Was this real?  (Read 590 times)

Offline tanu91

• View Profile
Seventh Buddhist Council in 2014. Was this real?
« on: October 29, 2018, 02:57:39 am »
Hey Guys I was surfing on the net and came across this page on Seventh Buddhist Council https://maitriyana.com/2016/09/03/seventh-buddhist-council/, got interested in it. Seemed like a spot where all the intellectuals will be coming together.

Started googling on it and found wikipedia only mentions 6 councils, just wondering till now the news must have spread about such a grand thing, still its not mentioned anywhere on the net. It seems to be organized by World Association of Buddhism (WBA) and was preside over by Master Maitreya Buddha and Master Yan Maitri-Shi. These names are  quite unknown among the Buddhist scholars, just wanted to know if it was a real thing.

Google results show that they are running an organization by the name United Buddhists Nations Organization https://buddhistnations-gov.net/ and one International Buddhist Ethics Committtee
and is based out in multiple countries Argentina, Hong Kong, Japan etc.

Just wanted to know how real it is

Offline Pixie

• View Profile
    • Buddhism Without Boundaries
Re: Seventh Buddhist Council in 2014. Was this real?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 10:47:34 am »
I've just noticed that you've already had a lot of replies on Stack Exchange, Reddit and Dharma and Dhamma Wheels, so I won't add my thoughts, as you've probably found what you were looking for by now.

:hi:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:51:11 am by Pixie »
May all beings have happiness and the causes of happiness.
May they all be free from suffering and the causes of suffering.
May they never be deprived of true happiness devoid of any suffering.
May they abide in great impartiality, free from attachment to loved ones and aversion to others.

Offline nelisjan

• View Profile
Re: Seventh Buddhist Council in 2014. Was this real?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 12:53:38 am »
 :eek: :smack: Oh man! Not again. Please stay clear of such charlatans... Master Maitreya Buddha, Master Yan Maitri-Shi, International Buddhist Ethics Committtee, United Buddhists Nations Organization, United Buddhists Nations University, etc. As pixie has mentioned, there's plenty of warnings on the Interwebs. Just my two cents, stay clear and stay safe.  :anjali:

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal