Author Topic: The Agganna Sutta and Human Evolution  (Read 3412 times)

Offline stillpointdancer

• Enlightenment through insight
  • Dancing at the Still Point describes my meditation
    • View Profile
    • Enlightenment for Grown Ups
Re: The Agganna Sutta and Human Evolution
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2017, 02:56:05 am »
Science lacks imagination and courage.  It relies on a purely materialistic viewpoint where the thinker dare not venture beyond what can be observed with the senses, as if they accurately render the experience.
I can't think of a post that could be more different than what happens in real life. Have you ever read a history of science? Ever read what happens at the cutting edge of science? Science is imagination and courage in a world full of those who would drag us back to the dark ages. Scientists do have certain constraints imposed by the discipline itself, which is how they try to render the experience accurately. They have also spent many hundreds of years developing instruments to take us beyond what we can measure with our senses.
“You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet, still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.” Franz Kafka

Offline Solodris

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2017, 03:31:15 am »
What do you suppose, does the unrefined mind of greed, lust and aversion, diversify, teach and unrefine the surrounding beings with its impurity to diversify by material acknowledgements?

What do you suppose, does the refined mind of purity, undiversify, by compassion and unity, refine the surrounding beings with its purity to unite by material acknowledgements?

Is it a requirement to diversify by material acknowledgements the refinement or unrefinement of the surrounding beings, be they of lesser or higher purity?

Offline IdleChater

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2017, 10:31:54 am »
Would you care to change your above-mentioned point of view, IdleChatter?

No.

Offline VincentRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2017, 01:09:04 am »

No.

I see! So you don't believe in change. You believe in permanency, right?  :wink1:

Offline IdleChater

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2017, 05:19:54 am »

No.

I see! So you don't believe in change. You believe in permanency, right?  :wink1:

No.

And nice try at a straw man.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal