Author Topic: Mindfulness under duress  (Read 813 times)

Offline BuddhaZone 01

• View Profile
Mindfulness under duress
« on: December 16, 2015, 12:19:58 pm »
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I love the fact I've found this forum.
I am a lay Buddhist practitioner and trying to manage practicing mindfulness with a hectic lifestyle in trying to build my business.

It has become very difficult as of late to meditate and practice mindfulness under current financial stress. I find myself nearly saying "what's the point" or "this won't fix my issue so why bother".

My question to this forum is as follows: "Does anyone have this same thought process?"

Bests !

Offline meez

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mindfulness under duress
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 05:23:54 pm »
BZ,

Welcome to the forum.

I believe many, and I mean many, people have this very same thought.  You are correct in saying that meditation and mindfulness will not fix your issues.  What mindfulness and meditation do is help you fix your issues.  The simple act of meditation and being aware of yourself won't mean an end to your problems, but they provide a mechanism by which you can cope, think more clearly, and in the end, determine the best solutions for yourself and your situation.

The reality is, your alternative to mindfulness is to stress out and worry to the point where you start impacting your health, begin losing sight of your business goals and make poor or rash decisions, and much more.  You don't want to go down that path.

Be good to yourself, my friend.  You're the only one you've got.

Offline Spiny Norman

• Cool baby yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 11:57:50 am »
I am a lay Buddhist practitioner and trying to manage practicing mindfulness with a hectic lifestyle in trying to build my business.

Is there any way you could make a bit more "space" in your life?  Are all the things you're currently doing really essential?  Can you see an end in sight to your hectic lifestyle?

Offline dunmatter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 06:59:49 am »
it is only thirst to do well, win or loose my dear, its only a dream of conception that you hold between reality. and that sets off a chain of mental tones in your mind. if the wind blows dont try to hold the chimes, let it do, it will "blow over"  its only conceptional thinking.

Offline dunmatter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 07:04:14 am »
BZ,

Welcome to the forum.

I believe many, and I mean many, people have this very same thought.  You are correct in saying that meditation and mindfulness will not fix your issues.  What mindfulness and meditation do is help you fix your issues.  The simple act of meditation and being aware of yourself won't mean an end to your problems, but they provide a mechanism by which you can cope, think more clearly, and in the end, determine the best solutions for yourself and your situation.

The reality is, your alternative to mindfulness is to stress out and worry to the point where you start impacting your health, begin losing sight of your business goals and make poor or rash decisions, and much more.  You don't want to go down that path.

Be good to yourself, my friend.  You're the only one you've got.

I put the gong there, its just tones,  GONNNGGGGGG

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal