Author Topic: Hello :-)  (Read 143 times)

Offline Littlesmile

• View Profile
Hello :-)
« on: June 16, 2017, 03:04:06 pm »
Hello

My names Tania and I am just recently getting into Buddhism. I apologize if that is the wrong wording :-)
I was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in being a pen pal (snail mail/letter writing)

Thank you
Take care
Tania

Offline Spiny Norman

• Cool baby yeah!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 01:39:10 am »
Hello

My names Tania and I am just recently getting into Buddhism. I apologize if that is the wrong wording :-)
I was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in being a pen pal (snail mail/letter writing)

Thank you
Take care
Tania

Wecome Tania.  Which part of the world do you live in, and are there any local Buddhist groups or centres you could visit?

Offline Littlesmile

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 02:31:42 am »
Hello Spiny :-)

Thank you for replying... I am from Northern Ireland :-) Yes there is a Buddhist centre in Belfast and a few retreat places. I'm not sure which would benefit me more to start me off. I am reading Buddhism plain and simple book which I'm finding helpful...
I am not a computer person lol and quite shy/unsure with things. So I thought letter writing with a pen pal would be perfect to share experiences especially if the person was new to Buddhism as well :-)

Tania

Offline Spiny Norman

• Cool baby yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 03:22:40 am »
Hello Spiny :-)

Thank you for replying... I am from Northern Ireland :-) Yes there is a Buddhist centre in Belfast and a few retreat places. I'm not sure which would benefit me more to start me off. I am reading Buddhism plain and simple book which I'm finding helpful...
I am not a computer person lol and quite shy/unsure with things. So I thought letter writing with a pen pal would be perfect to share experiences especially if the person was new to Buddhism as well :-)

Tania

Tania, I would encourage you to think about visiting a Buddhist centre, it's fine to try several places and there is no need to make commitments at an early stage.  The Buddhanet directory might be helpful, see here for Northern Ireland: http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/search.php?keyword=&search=Search&country_id=76&province_id=85

You can ask basic questions on forums like this, or browse previous discussions if you'd prefer.  From your reading so far, are there any particular Buddhist schools which look interesting to you?

Offline Littlesmile

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 05:17:21 am »
Hello :-)

Thank you so much! I didn't realise there was so many centres and groups in the area. I felt a bit lost with it all to be honest and its hard not knowing anyone to ask. So thank you :-) I will check those out to see which is best.

Thanks again
Tania

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal