Author Topic: Hello  (Read 246 times)

Offline Mayhem

• View Profile
Hello
« on: February 11, 2017, 05:41:41 am »
Hello, I hope everyone is well. I'm new to Buddhism, but a friend who is a Buddhist has such an amazing outlook on life that she attributes to Buddhism that I want to learn and hopefully grow. I am looking to hopefully find some friends to learn with as it's difficult in my situation to visit groups or meetings. I'm particularly interested in learning Theravada. Please forgive my newness and lack of knowledge.

Offline Dianet

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 05:32:41 am »
Hello Mayhem,

It's nice to have you here. Hope we get to have some thought-provoking exchanges in the future.

Offline Ron-the-Elder

• May all beings live rightly and harmoniously.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 06:25:56 am »
Hi, Mayhem.  Welcome to Free Sangha.  Please feel free to ask any questions you like in any forum you like.  Other board members may assist you.  Failing that, please contact a moderator, or an administrator by personal msg and they will help answer your questions.

_/\_Ron
What Makes an Elder? :
A head of gray hairs doesn't mean one's an elder. Advanced in years, one's called an old fool.
But one in whom there is truth, restraint, rectitude, gentleness,self-control, he's called an elder, his impurities disgorged, enlightened.
-Dhammpada, 19, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal