Author Topic: Hello everybody!  (Read 192 times)

Offline weberman270

• View Profile
Hello everybody!
« on: May 25, 2017, 04:58:40 am »
Hello fellow friends,

A little background about me, I am a 21 year old male living in a average sized city in California. I am very new when it comes to Buddhism, knowing very little other than the basics. As i was growing up my father raised my siblings and I as Christians. I never felt a connection with or sense of belonging while in church or through the scripture I heard; so as soon as I was old enough to make decisions for myself, I decided Christianity was not for me. Buddhism, on the other hand, has seemed to strike my interest over the past year or so. I just want to feel like a belong somewhere and have a sense of purpose other than just waking up everyday and trying to get through another day. I have struggled a lot in the past with self worth, depression, and anger issues; and I want to find something to help me overcome these issues. Please share with me how Buddhism and its teaching has touched or changed your life for better.

Offline meez

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everybody!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 02:29:50 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Offline Seanlisa

• View Profile
Re: Hello everybody!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 07:12:53 am »
I also had similar problems, not knowing the purpose of life and having emotional problems. The worse thing was that I didn't know how to solve these problems. However, I found Mahayana Buddhism and Chan Meditation really help a lot. Chan meditation(not Japanese Zen, it's Chinese style, Chan) not only focuses on sitting meditation but also on meditation in everyday life.  It helps me stay calm and stable wherever I am(even in business), and know more about myself. And Mahayana Buddhism courage people to be like a Budhisatva, who always helps other alleviate suffering without concerning personal benefits. I am very touched by the idea and then made up myself to live like a Budhisattva. Helping other brings me happiness and a meaningful life. So I suggest that you learn Mahayana Buddhism and Chan meditation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal