Author Topic: Hello friends  (Read 432 times)

Offline phij

• View Profile
Hello friends
« on: May 08, 2016, 06:17:06 am »
A good day to you all.

I'm Phij, 25 year old Dutch citizen who has recently became very interested in Buddhism. In recent years I've been plagued by questions that with all my best effords could not be answerd to my satisfaction. At first I did not want to look towards religion as I was born a Christian and denounced this belive at the very early age of 12, since this moment anything related to religion was pure nonsense to me and superstition. Needless to say, this action did not sit likely with those around me (mainly family) and unintentionally I might have hurt them. We've never spoke about this for reasons I find rather hard to describe.

As I've become more open minded in the past years I've finanly took it upon myself to start looking for answers to my queations in religion and surprisingly I've already found several answers in Buddhism. This has peaked my interest a lot and for this main reason I've started to look further into it.

This al was several months ago and I've come to the part where I believe living my live accoring to the Buddha teachings could really benefit me and the people around me. I'm aware that this will demand a lot of courage from myself (Comming from a Christian family) and persistence to do right by others and follow the teachings.

I hope that the good people here can be of service where I couldn'd find any before and I hope that in time I can repay this kind service by helping others.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal