Author Topic: Hi - Introduce yourself here at the Introduction Common Thread for newcomers  (Read 51346 times)

Offline Monkey Mind

• View Profile
    • My Buddhism Biography
Welcome Mike! By "new at this", do you mean internet discussion forums or Buddhism?   :cheesy:

Offline Kodatech

• View Profile
New to Buddhism.  I have read a few books and make a feeble attempt at meditation.  I hope to learn something from everyone here.   ;D

Offline humanitas

• buddha's om-girl
    • View Profile
That's wonderful!  Welcome Sunya, Michelle, and Kodatech.  Our Beginner's Zone is still a bit bare, but we're trying to add resources as we go.

There are lots of very knowledgeable folks here!

May your time here be good for everyone!

:headbow:
Ogyen.
This post was made with 100% recycled karma

Offline Kodatech

• View Profile
Thanks for the welcome.  I will probably do more reading than writing, but I figured I would sign up anyway.   :cheesy:

Offline Caz

• My I strive for the perfection of enlightenment.
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome all newbies !  :pray:
http://emodernbuddhism.com/

This eBook Modern Buddhism – The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, in three volumes, is being distributed freely at the request of the author Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The author says: "Through reading and practicing the instructions given in this book, people can solve their daily problems and maintain a happy mind all the time." So that these benefits can pervade the whole world, Geshe Kelsang wishes to give this eBook freely to everyone.

We would like to request you to please respect this precious Dharma book, which functions to free living beings from suffering permanently. If you continually read and practice the advice in this book, eventually your problems caused by anger, attachment and ignorance will cease.

Please enjoy this special gift from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who dedicates: "May everyone who reads this book experience deep peace of mind, and accomplish the real meaning of human life."

Offline northern lights

• View Profile
Hi, everybody
I am new to this forum and new to Buddhism.
I am enjoying my journey so far
Wishing peace and happiness to everybody

Offline Gibbon

• May all beings be happy and well.
    • View Profile
Hello everybody!  I signed up some time ago, but have not posted yet.  It's a nice forum and I'm happy to have found it. 

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello everybody!  I signed up some time ago, but have not posted yet.  It's a nice forum and I'm happy to have found it. 

Nice to meet you Gibbon !  :pray:

This eBook Modern Buddhism – The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, in three volumes, is being distributed freely at the request of the author Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The author says: "Through reading and practicing the instructions given in this book, people can solve their daily problems and maintain a happy mind all the time." So that these benefits can pervade the whole world, Geshe Kelsang wishes to give this eBook freely to everyone.

We would like to request you to please respect this precious Dharma book, which functions to free living beings from suffering permanently. If you continually read and practice the advice in this book, eventually your problems caused by anger, attachment and ignorance will cease.

Please enjoy this special gift from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who dedicates: "May everyone who reads this book experience deep peace of mind, and accomplish the real meaning of human life."

Offline Monkey Mind

• View Profile
    • My Buddhism Biography
Belated Welcome to Gibbon!

Offline bobo

• View Profile
I'm 58 years old and still searching .  some work for a while, others? .  Reading J. Campbell  , he makes sense.   bobo

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome Bobo !  :pray:

Offline SageTree

• Kalyāṇa-mitrā
    • View Profile
Namaste Friends,

I was a member at E-sangha, which was closed down a while ago for whatever reasons. I've been on message boards for the last 10 years and find them a great was to share experience and grow.  I've practiced the Dharma since 02. I'm not sure I'd say I have a tradition that presides over another, so I've just enjoyed connecting and sharing in many Buddhist traditions.

Happy to have a community to speak with again.

In loving kindness :namaste:
SageTree
"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline zerwe

• View Profile
Welcome Sagetree.
Shaun :namaste:

Offline humanitas

• buddha's om-girl
    • View Profile
I'm so glad to see familiar and new "faces" here... welcome and thank you for introducing yourselves.  Variety is the spice of life!

:headbow:
Ogyen.
This post was made with 100% recycled karma

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome sage tree its wonderful to see more practitoners joining !  :pray:
I hope you find a good home with us here.  :dharma:

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal