Author Topic: New guy  (Read 479 times)

Offline Southernfreeze

• View Profile
New guy
« on: December 12, 2016, 12:55:04 am »
Hi,
I have come here after failing to be able to find any sort of  sangha or teacher within 5 hours drive from my home town. I have been meditating for about four years. I was first got into meditation by reading books from Jon Kabat Zinn, then moving on to more Buddha orientated books, mostly Brad Warner.
I think the Zen side of Buddhism is working for me, but I'm still pretty open.
I know a forum is no replacement for a sangha or teacher, but hopefully I can at least learn a few thing's.

Offline Zoah

• View Profile
Re: New guy
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 06:01:01 pm »
I am also new and in exactly the same situation. To my knowledge, I am the only Buddhist in my area. It is quite nice to have an online community  to act as Sangha for those of us that are not able to meet many Buddhist in person. It is very nice to meet you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Southernfreeze

• View Profile
Re: New guy
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 10:54:53 pm »
I am also new and in exactly the same situation. To my knowledge, I am the only Buddhist in my area. It is quite nice to have an online community  to act as Sangha for those of us that are not able to meet many Buddhist in person. It is very nice to meet you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice to meet you too.

Though this forum is nice, i'm at a stage in in my life were I would like to find, or at least talk to a teacher. The ones I have emailed in New Zealand haven't emailed me back.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal