Author Topic: Sponsor a monk today.  (Read 5179 times)

Offline Caz

• My I strive for the perfection of enlightenment.
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsor a monk today.
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 04:08:55 am »
Tales? Provide hard evidence about this monastery or would you prefer to repeat a potential libel ? Tenzin Sungrab works there. You will I an sure want toa warn him of such evils.

Yeshe, that may be true, but the first person to post re Shar Garden (now under review by fresangha council) also worked there.   He introduced himself as a follower of shugden, not as a Buddhist.  Unfortunately, the negative reaction that Shar Gaden invoked seems to indicate some unauthenticity.  However, my request is simple.  All I’m suggesting is that it would best to ensure peace and harmony by avoiding the whole Dorje Shugden controversy, and resist the urge to spruik, no matter how good we think the cause. 

Metta

Francis for one with a bit of education on these matters would know that someone who is a practising Shugdenpa is no different to one who is a practising Gelugpa, It is only because of recent actions that such a name seems to have been forced upon those Gelugpa's who are practising the instructions they have received from their gurus. A follower of Shugden is a Buddhist as prior reincarnations of Ngatrul Dragpa Gyaltsen (who arose as Dorje Shugden ) where already renowned as enlightened beings themselves having been appearances of the Enlightened Manjushri, So in nature they are no different from Je Tsongkhapa who is also regarded as a Buddha. As for the appearance of Unauthenticity it is just an appearance, Lineage instructions play a very important part in Tibetan Buddhism in all the traditions and for example these Ordained at Shar gaden who are following that lineage have no question of being inauthentic as this would imply all the great teachers of this tradition didnt know their left from their right.  One should also bear in mind as well that the same Guru's who taught these monks are the same ones who have taught HHDL.

Freesangha doesnt endorse sectarianism, If one doesnt agree with certain aspects of anothers practise Nobody forces them for their opinion on it, In fact it is very good training for encountering this resisting the urge to make negative comments about other peoples practise...Harmony doesnt come from other groups people disagree with being forced into non-existance it comes from training the mind as taught in the BuddhaDharma.  :pray:

There is only a contraversy if one chooses to create it.  :dharma:
http://emodernbuddhism.com/

This eBook Modern Buddhism – The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, in three volumes, is being distributed freely at the request of the author Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The author says: "Through reading and practicing the instructions given in this book, people can solve their daily problems and maintain a happy mind all the time." So that these benefits can pervade the whole world, Geshe Kelsang wishes to give this eBook freely to everyone.

We would like to request you to please respect this precious Dharma book, which functions to free living beings from suffering permanently. If you continually read and practice the advice in this book, eventually your problems caused by anger, attachment and ignorance will cease.

Please enjoy this special gift from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who dedicates: "May everyone who reads this book experience deep peace of mind, and accomplish the real meaning of human life."

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 04:12:59 am »
Back to the thread topic, There will be many more monks arriving at Shar Gaden shortly accomadtions are already in the process of being built for them, It looks set to become a very large monastry.  :pray:

This eBook Modern Buddhism – The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, in three volumes, is being distributed freely at the request of the author Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The author says: "Through reading and practicing the instructions given in this book, people can solve their daily problems and maintain a happy mind all the time." So that these benefits can pervade the whole world, Geshe Kelsang wishes to give this eBook freely to everyone.

We would like to request you to please respect this precious Dharma book, which functions to free living beings from suffering permanently. If you continually read and practice the advice in this book, eventually your problems caused by anger, attachment and ignorance will cease.

Please enjoy this special gift from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who dedicates: "May everyone who reads this book experience deep peace of mind, and accomplish the real meaning of human life."

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 09:43:54 am »
Tenzin Sungrab how is everything going at Shar gaden at the moment friend ?  :pray:

Offline francis

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 02:22:02 pm »
Francis for one with a bit of education on these matters would know that someone who is a practising Shugdenpa is no different to one who is a practising Gelugpa, It is only because of recent actions that such a name seems to have been forced upon those Gelugpa's who are practising the instructions they have received from their gurus. A follower of Shugden is a Buddhist as prior reincarnations of Ngatrul Dragpa Gyaltsen (who arose as Dorje Shugden ) where already renowned as enlightened beings themselves having been appearances of the Enlightened Manjushri, So in nature they are no different from Je Tsongkhapa who is also regarded as a Buddha. As for the appearance of Unauthenticity it is just an appearance, Lineage instructions play a very important part in Tibetan Buddhism in all the traditions and for example these Ordained at Shar gaden who are following that lineage have no question of being inauthentic as this would imply all the great teachers of this tradition didnt know their left from their right.  One should also bear in mind as well that the same Guru's who taught these monks are the same ones who have taught HHDL.

Freesangha doesnt endorse sectarianism, If one doesnt agree with certain aspects of anothers practise Nobody forces them for their opinion on it, In fact it is very good training for encountering this resisting the urge to make negative comments about other peoples practise...Harmony doesnt come from other groups people disagree with being forced into non-existance it comes from training the mind as taught in the BuddhaDharma.  :pray:

Caz, thanks for the explanations.  I was under the impression that the Dorje Shugden controversy was about a feud going back to the power struggles of the 5th Dalai Lama and the successful centralization of power in his hands after the death of the Mongol Gushri Khan (wiki).  Obviously, a power game still being played today.  Anyhow, it was never my intention to get caught up in Tibetan sectarianism.  All I wanted to point out was, that I thought freesangha was a place to discuss the Buddha’s Dharma, and not a place to recuit, or recuit funding for the monks of Shar Garden, or any organisation for that matter.   

:dharma:
"Enlightenment, for a wave in the ocean, is the moment the wave realises it is water." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline heybai

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 02:32:07 pm »
No one is recruiting monks here.   All that was was proposed was that donations could be made in support of monks who had not material support to provide for themselves.  It was also suggested a few pages back that this is a common practice among all Tibetan monasteries in India (and elsewhere) regardless of the Shugden (side) issue.

Cheers --
heybai

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2010, 02:39:25 pm »

Caz, thanks for the explanations.  I was under the impression that the Dorje Shugden controversy was about a feud going back to the power struggles of the 5th Dalai Lama and the successful centralization of power in his hands after the death of the Mongol Gushri Khan (wiki).  Obviously, a power game still being played today.  Anyhow, it was never my intention to get caught up in Tibetan sectarianism.  All I wanted to point out was, that I thought freesangha was a place to discuss the Buddha’s Dharma, and not a place to recuit, or recuit funding for the monks of Shar Garden, or any organisation for that matter.   

:dharma:

There is much politics afoot in such issues.
See Biography Issue with 5th DL here http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=3290
Yes this place is definitly a place to disscuss Buddhadharma, The Sutric and tantric elements of these traditions happen to be Buddhadharma, The activites and such of these traditions happen to be related to Buddhadharma so there is no reason for it not to be disscussed within the boundries of the TOS.
While this site doesnt offically endorse anyone set tradition individual members acting in their own capacity are free to support what ever tradition or Dharma related project they wish, as i said earlier no one forces anyone to donate to any causes same as earlier on no one forced people to donate to Jikans Struggling Dharma group but members here out of the kindness of their hearts did so, No one complained then it was a Dana activity the same with this one.  :pray:
Your welcome to disscuss all you want Francis when was the last time you started a thread ?  :pray:

Offline francis

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2010, 07:34:00 pm »
There is much politics afoot in such issues. See Biography Issue with 5th DL here http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=3290
Yes this place is definitly a place to disscuss Buddhadharma, The Sutric and tantric elements of these traditions happen to be Buddhadharma, The activites and such of these traditions happen to be related to Buddhadharma so there is no reason for it not to be disscussed within the boundries of the TOS.
While this site doesnt offically endorse anyone set tradition individual members acting in their own capacity are free to support what ever tradition or Dharma related project they wish, as i said earlier no one forces anyone to donate to any causes same as earlier on no one forced people to donate to Jikans Struggling Dharma group but members here out of the kindness of their hearts did so, No one complained then it was a Dana activity the same with this one.  :pray:
Your welcome to disscuss all you want Francis when was the last time you started a thread ?  :pray:

Thank’s Caz :)
"Enlightenment, for a wave in the ocean, is the moment the wave realises it is water." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Tenzin Sungrab

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2010, 10:12:13 pm »
Tenzin Sungrab how is everything going at Shar gaden at the moment friend ?  :pray:

Thing are going well here at the monastery. Some of the senior monks are leaving for Serpom Monastery today to engage in the annual Gelug exam and the Yarney Debate festival.

They held a big puja yesterday to clear all obstacles. It was beautiful.

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2010, 10:26:18 pm »

Thing are going well here at the monastery. Some of the senior monks are leaving for Serpom Monastery today to engage in the annual Gelug exam and the Yarney Debate festival.

Wonderful  :pray:

Yeshe Zopa

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2010, 02:38:38 am »

That's good to hear.  The protection and and growth of the Gelug tradition will bring the Dharma to many. A true caue for rejoicing! :)

Can you recall which puja they performed?

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2010, 09:01:22 am »
Watch these young monks in action !

http://shargadeneducation.org/videos.html

:pray:

Offline heybai

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2010, 06:07:18 pm »
Yeah, but can they play baseball?

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2010, 06:28:25 am »

What bowt basket ball  :ishift:

Yeshe Zopa

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2010, 09:51:31 am »

Only Tantric Baseball. 

Instructions:
First find a thigbone and skull. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal