Author Topic: Spring festival 2010 Booking now open.  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Caz

• My I strive for the perfection of enlightenment.
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Spring festival 2010 Booking now open.
« on: March 16, 2010, 05:15:33 am »
http://kadampafestivals.org/spring/

The empowerment of Arya Tara this year with Gen-la Khyenrab.  :grouphug:

Spring Festival
Spring Festival 2010
Green Tara
May 28 – 31
The Empowerment and Commentary to the Practice of Enlightened Mother Arya Tara

Arya Tara, or 'Superior Liberator', is a female Buddha who is the manifestation of the wind element of all the Buddhas. Because of this, if we rely upon Tara with strong faith she will quickly protect us from all fears and dangers, grant us her blessings and fulfil all our wishes. She is also the manifestation of the ultimate wisdom of all the Buddhas, and is therefore known as the 'Enlightened Mother of the Conquerors'.

In particular, Arya Tara has a close connection with those who sincerely practise Kadam Lamrim, the stages of the path to enlightenment, and – as she promised to Atisha, the founder of Kadam Lamrim – they will receive her special care, protection and blessings throughout their life, and in life after life.

Gen-la Khyenrab will grant the empowerment of Enlightened Mother Arya Tara on Saturday May 29. Receiving this empowerment directly connects us with Arya Tara, giving us the inspiration and confidence to engage in this practice and progress successfully on the path to enlightenment.

Over the next two days, Gen-la Khyenrab will give a commentary to the practice of Arya Tara, based on a self-generation sadhana practice called The Yoga of Enlightened Mother Arya Tara, recently composed from traditional sources by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. Gen-la Khyenrab will explain how we can practise this sadhana and thus continue to receive Arya Tara’s special inspiration in our daily life.
http://emodernbuddhism.com/

This eBook Modern Buddhism – The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, in three volumes, is being distributed freely at the request of the author Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The author says: "Through reading and practicing the instructions given in this book, people can solve their daily problems and maintain a happy mind all the time." So that these benefits can pervade the whole world, Geshe Kelsang wishes to give this eBook freely to everyone.

We would like to request you to please respect this precious Dharma book, which functions to free living beings from suffering permanently. If you continually read and practice the advice in this book, eventually your problems caused by anger, attachment and ignorance will cease.

Please enjoy this special gift from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who dedicates: "May everyone who reads this book experience deep peace of mind, and accomplish the real meaning of human life."

Yeshe

Re: Spring festival 2010 Booking now open.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 07:01:55 am »
Excellent. 

Is it that time already? 

Wow.

Looks to be a very worthwhile event. :)

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 07:38:56 am »
Excellent. 

Is it that time already? 

Wow.

Looks to be a very worthwhile event. :)

Certainly is !  :D
I cant wait to get there its the one thing i look forward to each year.  :pray:

This eBook Modern Buddhism – The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, in three volumes, is being distributed freely at the request of the author Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The author says: "Through reading and practicing the instructions given in this book, people can solve their daily problems and maintain a happy mind all the time." So that these benefits can pervade the whole world, Geshe Kelsang wishes to give this eBook freely to everyone.

We would like to request you to please respect this precious Dharma book, which functions to free living beings from suffering permanently. If you continually read and practice the advice in this book, eventually your problems caused by anger, attachment and ignorance will cease.

Please enjoy this special gift from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who dedicates: "May everyone who reads this book experience deep peace of mind, and accomplish the real meaning of human life."

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 01:26:19 am »
Well friends i have returned from the spring festival !
How time moves by so quickly ! Its shocking.
Fully enjoyed myself and cant wait to return next year. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal