Author Topic: Offer to carry and entrust prayers while on pilgrimage in May 2016  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Marcus

• 石正
    • View Profile
    • An Upright Stone
Dear Dharma brothers and sisters,

I'm planning to walk the Sayama 33 Kannon Pilgrimage this spring, a 37.9km urban pilgrimage on the border of Tokyo and Saitama around the Tama and Sayama Lakes.

I am undertaking the pilgrimage over two or three days in May to mark my 50th birthday, to repent past wrong-doings, to re-affirm and strengthen my refuge in the Triple Gem, and to express in bodily form my devotion to Kannon, the Bodhisattva of Compassion.

I will stop at each of the temples on the route to collect the official stamps and calligraphy and to recite the 10-line Kannon Sutra 3 times, and I will dedicated the merit for each visit to one particular person/family/group. If you would like me to carry and entrust a prayer for you, your family, or your organisation on my pilgrimage this year, please just let me know. There are about 15 slots left.

Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu,

Marcus
石正

More on the Sayama Pilgrimage here: http://atokyostone.blogspot.jp/p/the-sayama-33-kannon-pilgrimage-is-40km.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 08:35:58 am by Marcus »
南無観世音菩薩

Offline ZenFred

• View Profile
Re: Offer to carry and entrust prayers while on pilgrimage in May 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 07:43:37 pm »
Thank you for the kind offer. Not sure if I need prayers in particular, but if you take any pictures it would be wonderful to see them. I am jealous, I truly hope to travel to Japan at some point and do a pilgrimage there. (I live in the US).

Also, welcome to the forum. I try to check in from time to time, but it's great to meet a zen practitioner from Japan. It feels isolating to be a zen student in a Bible Belt town in the south.

Gassho,
Fred/Liang

Offline Marcus

• 石正
    • View Profile
    • An Upright Stone
Re: Offer to carry and entrust prayers while on pilgrimage in May 2016
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 07:58:20 am »
Thank you for the kind offer. Not sure if I need prayers in particular, but if you take any pictures it would be wonderful to see them.

Thank you ZenFred, and great to meet you!
I doubt I'll post any pictures here, but there're always new ones going up on my blog:
http://atokyostone.blogspot.jp/

I truly hope to travel to Japan at some point and do a pilgrimage there. (I live in the US).

I hope you make it some day! If you do, let me know. We could meet up.

Also, welcome to the forum. I try to check in from time to time,

Thank you, it's very quiet on this forum, but that's no bad thing I suppose!

It feels isolating to be a zen student in a Bible Belt town in the south.

I've never been to America and wouldn't know, but believe it or not I've been pretty isolated here in Tokyo in terms of actually belonging to a Sangha. There is a wonderful English-language Zen group that meets every Friday night here but I've not been able to attend for years because of my work. But yes, I'm fixing that soon!

Myriad blessings,

Marcus

:namaste:
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:18:23 am by Marcus »
南無観世音菩薩

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal