Author Topic: 500 Server Error  (Read 2867 times)

Offline heybai

• View Profile
Re: 500 Server Error
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 08:25:54 am »
Interesting.  Maybe the 500 "error" isn't really an error.  Maybe some superior being is trying to tell me to get a life and stop spending so much time on the Buddha boards. LOL

Offline Caz

• My I strive for the perfection of enlightenment.
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 03:25:01 am »
I keep getting this error message every now and again to... :eek:
http://emodernbuddhism.com/

This eBook Modern Buddhism – The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, in three volumes, is being distributed freely at the request of the author Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The author says: "Through reading and practicing the instructions given in this book, people can solve their daily problems and maintain a happy mind all the time." So that these benefits can pervade the whole world, Geshe Kelsang wishes to give this eBook freely to everyone.

We would like to request you to please respect this precious Dharma book, which functions to free living beings from suffering permanently. If you continually read and practice the advice in this book, eventually your problems caused by anger, attachment and ignorance will cease.

Please enjoy this special gift from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who dedicates: "May everyone who reads this book experience deep peace of mind, and accomplish the real meaning of human life."

Yeshe Zopa

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 03:27:55 am »
I keep getting this error message every now and again to... :eek:

Yeah - takes longer to reach the Midlands! LOL :)

Offline J. McKenna

• X X o o X X 137 45' 32" 67 33' 41"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 09:06:02 am »
Sorry, I was cleaning my laptop and seemed to cause some problems for others, unintentionally. All is well now, cleaning is complete and you shouldn't see any more related issues ....... at least, because of me!! ;-p
...i found there was no "i" anywhere.....

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 02:35:51 am »
Help sort it out this is getting beyond a chuckle now.... :smack:

This eBook Modern Buddhism – The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, in three volumes, is being distributed freely at the request of the author Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The author says: "Through reading and practicing the instructions given in this book, people can solve their daily problems and maintain a happy mind all the time." So that these benefits can pervade the whole world, Geshe Kelsang wishes to give this eBook freely to everyone.

We would like to request you to please respect this precious Dharma book, which functions to free living beings from suffering permanently. If you continually read and practice the advice in this book, eventually your problems caused by anger, attachment and ignorance will cease.

Please enjoy this special gift from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who dedicates: "May everyone who reads this book experience deep peace of mind, and accomplish the real meaning of human life."

Offline Wonky Badger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 03:22:29 am »
I had a nice chat with a customer support representative and what he essentially said was that he knew that the technicians had been working on the server all week, but that they don't bother to let anyone know about neither planned downtime nor unplanned problems. It might be that we will change our hosting provider in the near future...
My actions are my only true belongings.
I cannot escape the consequences of my actions.
My actions are the ground on which I stand.
---
What would Buddha do?

Offline Caz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 03:38:02 am »
Help i has been caught by the error monster !  :eek:

Yeshe Zopa

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 01:28:20 am »
I wish I still had the 500 server error.  I now keep getting one which stops me accesssing the site althgether so am offline quite a lot:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

This again looks like server problems.  

Offline Ngawang Drolma

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 01:40:13 am »
I wish I still had the 500 server error.  I now keep getting one which stops me accesssing the site althgether so am offline quite a lot:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

This again looks like server problems.  

Definitely.  I'm having server problems tonight...

Offline gregkavarnos

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 03:55:04 am »
Did someone say they were fixing the server, seems to me quite the opposite is happening!
"A genius is a person who, on a beach full of nudists, can remember peoples faces!"  Arka

Offline Wonky Badger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 04:42:57 am »
Did someone say they were fixing the server, seems to me quite the opposite is happening!
Yeah, we're pretty fed up with it. We're looking into what options we have to move the forums to another host.
My actions are my only true belongings.
I cannot escape the consequences of my actions.
My actions are the ground on which I stand.
---
What would Buddha do?

Offline Ngawang Drolma

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 10:04:04 am »
It's getting bad   :tantrum: 

Nearly every other time I try to log in I get an error.  Maybe every third time.

So I wait a while, then it works again.  I hope we solve it soon.

However we can help Wonky, let us know.

Best,
Laura

GoGet

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 11:21:07 am »

In the case of the dreaded http 500 error, there isn't much we mere mortals/users can do.

The error means that there is something gone haywire on the web server.  Out of our control.

There's a bunch of things that can that can trigger a 500 error from the server itself being responsive but hung up on a process, to an internal network issue.  Getting a 500 error doesn't mean that the server is down it just means something is wrong with it.

That said, I've been getting very slow response times or no response at all - a blank screen - for a few days now.

Had one just a few minutes ago, in fact.

Yeshe Zopa

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2010, 11:32:26 am »

In the case of the dreaded http 500 error, there isn't much we mere mortals/users can do.

The error means that there is something gone haywire on the web server.  Out of our control.

There's a bunch of things that can that can trigger a 500 error from the server itself being responsive but hung up on a process, to an internal network issue.  Getting a 500 error doesn't mean that the server is down it just means something is wrong with it.

That said, I've been getting very slow response times or no response at all - a blank screen - for a few days now.

Had one just a few minutes ago, in fact.

Have you seen the new improved model of error?  :

Connection Problems

It's much more effective than the older 500 error model and can leave a user helpless for half an hour or more. A vast improvement, I'm sure you'll agree.  It even stopped SMF from connecting, and he's a really persistent little beggar.

If you're not able to receive this new and improved error model you may need to upgrade your widget interface settings.

Yeshe Zopa

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 02:12:51 pm »
The site has been very very slow for me all day and Chat died quite a few times in the last hour or so.

Not sure why.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal