Author Topic: Where's the delete button?  (Read 1388 times)

Offline t

• View Profile
Where's the delete button?
« on: July 27, 2011, 05:42:17 am »
I recall there's a delete button in the member page somewhere where one can eject oneself from this forum without any fuss and no one knows...unless they smelt burnt pasta....what happened to that?
4. Accounts will not be deleted upon request.
So now if one wants to go, they just log out and never look back?

:socool:

Offline heybai

• View Profile
Re: Where's the delete button?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 06:03:25 am »
Somebody been bothering you, t? 

Name, just give us a name, and we'll take care of the bum.

:ninja:

Yeshe

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 07:04:40 am »
Somebody been bothering you, t? 

Name, just give us a name, and we'll take care of the bum.

:ninja:

Can't remember but I know when I was a Mod somewhere or other there was a decision not to delete accounts as it then screwed up all the threads they had posted on.

It could have been here, or DW, or indeed anywhere else in the aether where I can't remember being.

It should be posted up as the 'Hotel California' policy!  LOL :)

Offline Caz

• My I strive for the perfection of enlightenment.
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 07:14:36 am »
Its gone because some members here have repeatedly deleted their accounts then come back to us again ! So It was though wise to remove the Goodbye and thanks for all the fish button :D
http://emodernbuddhism.com/

This eBook Modern Buddhism – The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, in three volumes, is being distributed freely at the request of the author Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The author says: "Through reading and practicing the instructions given in this book, people can solve their daily problems and maintain a happy mind all the time." So that these benefits can pervade the whole world, Geshe Kelsang wishes to give this eBook freely to everyone.

We would like to request you to please respect this precious Dharma book, which functions to free living beings from suffering permanently. If you continually read and practice the advice in this book, eventually your problems caused by anger, attachment and ignorance will cease.

Please enjoy this special gift from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who dedicates: "May everyone who reads this book experience deep peace of mind, and accomplish the real meaning of human life."

Yeshe

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 07:25:10 am »
Its gone because some members here have repeatedly deleted their accounts then come back to us again ! So It was though wise to remove the Goodbye and thanks for all the fish button :D

Leave and then return? What an extraordinary thing to do.

Some people eh!  LOL :)    :gawrsh:

Offline Caz

• My I strive for the perfection of enlightenment.
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 08:50:44 am »

Leave and then return? What an extraordinary thing to do.

Some people eh!  LOL :)    :gawrsh:

I know and Multiple times to ! Still glad to have them back.  :hug:
http://emodernbuddhism.com/

This eBook Modern Buddhism – The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, in three volumes, is being distributed freely at the request of the author Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The author says: "Through reading and practicing the instructions given in this book, people can solve their daily problems and maintain a happy mind all the time." So that these benefits can pervade the whole world, Geshe Kelsang wishes to give this eBook freely to everyone.

We would like to request you to please respect this precious Dharma book, which functions to free living beings from suffering permanently. If you continually read and practice the advice in this book, eventually your problems caused by anger, attachment and ignorance will cease.

Please enjoy this special gift from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who dedicates: "May everyone who reads this book experience deep peace of mind, and accomplish the real meaning of human life."

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal