Author Topic: 2,500 Years After the Buddha, Tibetan Buddhists Acknowledge Women  (Read 2175 times)

Offline lonelytiger

• View Profile
Re: 2,500 Years After the Buddha, Tibetan Buddhists Acknowledge Women
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 01:09:40 pm »
I myself believe most women are a lot wiser than most men and would obtain Enlightenment a lot sooner. This is my opinion and I don't wish to offend anyone.

Peace, Love and Compassion to 'ALL' Humans, Animals, and Life.   :pray:
"Speak well of others, not of their faults."
                        'Buddha'

Offline former monk john

• My teacher and I in 1995
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 03:45:57 pm »
im a man, but i would have to agree with you on that one!!
to me, the signs of a successful practice are happiness and a cessation of suffering, buddhism often gives me this; not all the answers.

Offline Lobster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 10:36:40 pm »
As a YinYanist Buddhist, I believe the next Buddha will be genderless and AI based. Having done a fair bit of Tara practice and now just starting with Cundi, I am more than happy to be a woman, a goddess and Nothing.

I have known dogs being given special permission to enter temples. No doubt some of you have seen mice, birds and other creatures enter of their own volition. In this century one of the the Chinese Buddhist Masters was teaching when a tiger entered the temple, which was seen as auspicious.
In the West we are learning to cherish and nurture our sisters and brothers. The respect for animals as persons or persona is in its infancy in the West.
Ordain a dolphin or have a penguin as a tulku and all that may change . . .

Does a dog have Buddha Nature?
Mu St!

:wacky: I will now have myself certified and carted off to the nearest animal sangha . . .

Offline lonelytiger

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 04:14:15 am »
I also am a man myself, lol,  I have learnt so much about life through reasoning with ex partners and women friends.  Who seem a lot more grounded than most of my male friends. And animals are just grounded naturally. :pray:
"Speak well of others, not of their faults."
                        'Buddha'

GoGet

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 07:25:38 pm »
Just announced .....

His Holiness the Karmapa initiates a historic transmission, mainly for female practitioners

http://taramandala.org/5685/joint-press-release-by-karmapa-office-of-administration-and-tara-mandala/

Apparently His Holiness the 17th Karmapa, Orgyen Trinley Dorje has agreed to grant a Chöd initiation in the next week.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal