Author Topic: Tenzin Zangpo Rinpoche (15/04/2016)  (Read 514 times)

Offline Pang

• View Profile
Tenzin Zangpo Rinpoche (15/04/2016)
« on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:58 am »
Turning a beautiful relationship into a pearl

I really appreciate that we can meet each other when we are young. I hope that our good relationship will turn into a glittering pearl. So nice!

If you always want to hold onto something, you will definitely lose it and suffer because all the things in this world are not yours. What you can do is to enjoy, accept, thank, recall, and let go.

Not far from my hometown and next to the Jinsha River, there is a place that is at the lower sea level. Many wild cherries grew on the mountain slopes, and each April they produced fruits. Some big ones were very sweet while the smaller ones were relatively sour. When I saw those photos of cherry picking, I told my Han Chinese friend that when I was very young, I picked the cherries once in Tibet, but my friend did not believe it. There are even cherries in Tibet !?

Yes, such beautiful fruits exist in Tibet!

Moreover, when I was ten something years old, I had a wonderful memory that I went to pick the wild cherries with one friend in April.

Before turning twenty, I studied in the Buddhist Institute of Nyoshul Monastery. Since I was seven, I either studied the sutras and treatises very diligently each day or attended the Dharma Assemblies and sutra chanting sessions. I passed each day with rigorous precepts, and I didn’t waste any time. Usually, I completed one sutra or one treatise within two or three months. After exams, I can have one or two days’ rest. During that period, I like to listen to the sound of the wind among pine trees or to sunbathe on the mountain slopes. All of these are my invaluable leisure and freedom.

On the cherry-picking day, the sun shined very well. Along the road, there were green Tibetan barley lands. Some women were working in the lands. We just walked along the road picking the cherries, and we walked as we chatted. Now when I think about that, I do not remember well what we chatted, but the feeling of relaxation and happiness was quite clear. My friend and I found those ten something cherry trees. The trees were not tall, and there were not many cherries, but I was very joyful that I could see each cherry. Furthermore, each time when I picked one cherry, we were laughing happily! Since the sunshine was very strong, on our way back, my friend weaved a grass ring with a long and soft grass she collected on the road and put it on my head. All the things were very beautiful and fresh.

That day, my friend asked me, “ Will you always be here in the monastery?”

I said I would.

My friend replied, “If I knew you earlier…”

We fell into silence for a long time and only walked in the sunshine. I was a bit of sad.

That day the sunshine, the smile on my friend’s face, sweet cherries, the Tibetan barley lands along the mountain road, and the situation that we talked as we walked appeared clearly in front of my eyes as if there were kept fresh through freezing. Although it was ten something years ago, I seem to see the past and can experience the temporary happiness again.

However more often, I use these beautiful memories to practice the impermanence of life. Every one of us brings the karma of all the past lives and has experienced wonderful relationships. The majority of the people would value, grasp, and hold tightly to these relationships.

What I want to say is that we should learn to turn a beautiful relationship into a pearl.

If you have the destiny to get married, you two should cherish. If you have the destiny to meet, you should grasp well the moment you meet and later let go. If you always want to hold onto something, you will definitely lose it and suffer because all the things in this world are not yours. What you can do is to enjoy, accept, thank, recall, and let go. We have to learn to form good relationships or to make good use of the relationships, so contemplating the impermanence of life is a must.

Gradually we will understand that truly life is a dream. What we cling to is just momentary glory, but we want to keep it forever. The cherry trees produce fruits each year, and my memory that my friend and I were ten something years old is still there, but where is my friend now? And to my friend, where am I? My friend was smart and knew the impermanence of life, so she only said half sentence that day.

Fortunately, I freeze the beautiful things at the best time frame.

If I miss something a lot in heart, I suffer, so I choose to wrap it as a pearl with beautiful wishes and take it out of my heart. Through this way, missing does not make me suffer, but rather the beautiful sparkle of the pearl makes my practice even brighter and even lights up my inner heart, which allows me to see myself. I really appreciate that we can meet each other when we are young. I hope that our good relationships turn into a glittering pearl. So nice!

https://www.facebook.com/TenzinZangpoRinpoche/posts/1153546278012173

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal