Author Topic: death  (Read 4482 times)

Offline ground

• View Profile
Re: death
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2012, 10:51:31 pm »
So what about a undertaker company? "Don't worry we bring you to deathlessness." *smile* Thought that traditional cemetery meditation is not that accessible.
So you think it may be possible to bring Hanzze to knowing?

Offline Hanzze

• (Johann)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 11:55:36 pm »
Of cause, but from experiences: people are scared if you render a job for free. *smile* They would think that your are perverse, which is not in all conditions to dismiss. While making a livelihood out of it will have its worldly reputation. But that is all no more issue for those who are already deathlessness. So maybe you give us some ideas, how a deathless being spends its times and support the deathlessness without taking live. *smile*

Offline ground

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 12:04:38 am »
So maybe you give us some ideas, how a deathless being spends its times and support the deathlessness without taking live. *smile*
There is neither one nor are there many at any time or any place that may give ideas to one or many.

Offline Hanzze

• (Johann)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 12:37:49 am »
"The writings of the deathless" wouldn't that be a great title for a book? What do you think about this cover picture:

*smile*

Offline Ron-the-Elder

• May all beings live rightly and harmoniously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 03:21:07 am »
"The writings of the deathless" wouldn't that be a great title for a book? What do you think about this cover picture:

*smile*

They seem a bit anorexic.  Suggest increasing nutrition to 2500 kcals / day.
What Makes an Elder? :
A head of gray hairs doesn't mean one's an elder. Advanced in years, one's called an old fool.
But one in whom there is truth, restraint, rectitude, gentleness,self-control, he's called an elder, his impurities disgorged, enlightened.
-Dhammpada, 19, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

Offline Hanzze

• (Johann)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 04:19:29 am »
There is no problem, this both dancing deities are nearly unsupported *smile* Only heedlessness remains, but that keep them still alive. Maybe deathless means total unsupported.   

Offline Ron-the-Elder

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 03:18:42 pm »
There is no problem, this both dancing deities are nearly unsupported *smile* Only heedlessness remains, but that keep them still alive. Maybe deathless means total unsupported.

Have the same problem with my #2 daughter's ex-husband.  He's what you call a deadbeat Dad. :brick:
What Makes an Elder? :
A head of gray hairs doesn't mean one's an elder. Advanced in years, one's called an old fool.
But one in whom there is truth, restraint, rectitude, gentleness,self-control, he's called an elder, his impurities disgorged, enlightened.

Offline Hanzze

• (Johann)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 02:34:24 am »
Problems with him or problems with how you would like to have him? *smile*

Offline Ron-the-Elder

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 03:39:11 pm »
Problems with him or problems with how you would like to have him? *smile*

Actually, both.   :-P
What Makes an Elder? :

Offline Hanzze

• (Johann)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 08:30:04 pm »
Sure?  :listen:

Offline nowornever

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2012, 03:54:41 am »
I left my body a few times. My soul/mind was under the ceiling. It was pleasant, I could go wherever I wanted. Anyway I feel that enlightenment is much deeper...

As there is no evidence for the 'birth' or 'death' of the mind, I don't regard the death of a body as a greatly significant condition, but being imperfect I still miss the company of that being. 

Have you ever met a mind not in a body?

Spiny

Offline Bgod

• I am one with you
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2012, 08:52:52 pm »
The transfer of death to life is fully expounded in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Rebirth into another lifeform is totally dependent upon the QUALITY of his petty existence. It is subject to flux in evolutionary impermanence. In total, dont worry about it, Transcend your little pineal gland mustard seed selfish existance which is basically totally worthless in Buddha's knowledge. you are a piece of dirt like me.
Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.

Offline Hanzze

• (Johann)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2012, 08:56:22 pm »
The transfer of death to life is fully expounded in the Tibetan Book of the Dead.
Yes, that is the Tibetan folk-buddhism version but it leads easy to miss the point and keep on seeking for birth *smile*

Offline Lobster

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2013, 12:43:11 am »
you are a piece of dirt like me.

How dare you speak of dirt as if it has Buddha Nature! :wacky:

:smack: did I kill something again? :eek:

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal